Old November 17th 06, 11:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.products
Al G[_1_]

Default Garmin 496 Training

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...
The 496's screen is very
restrictive in what it can show, by comparison.

snip

Incidentally, if the stars ever align properly (weather, my schedule,
and shop schedule) I am having the 496 installed into an AirGizmo
"panel dock" -- which will essentially turn it into a panel-mounted
GPS.

Just a quick note, get the "panel dock" with the "angle" built in so the
Pilot can see it. I fly a P210, with a 496 in the standard panel mount on
the right side. The co-pilot can see it, but the pilot can't.

Al G