Old July 7th 07, 11:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,uk.rec.aviation,rec.aviation.soaring
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

Default Learning to fly

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 17:23:32 +0100, "GB"
wrote in :

40 years or so ago, I learned to fly, at least a bit. I did some solo
circuits in gliders. I would like to come back to flying, and I was
wondering about whether to learn on powered or unpowered planes?

...Also, any recommendations for places to learn to fly, powered or
unpowered,
near North London?

I assume you mean London in the UK and not in Canada or whatever other
contries have cities named "London" :-)

British Gliding Association http://www.gliding.co.uk/

Club locations http://www.gliding.co.uk/findaclub/ukmap.htm

There are more gliding clubs in the UK than you can shake a stick at...

But if you did mean London Canada: http://www.sac.ca/ :-)

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com