Old July 8th 07, 04:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,uk.rec.aviation,rec.aviation.soaring
Rob McDonald

Default Learning to fly

"D" wrote in
:

You seem to get a lot more time in the air for your money with a
glider.

A lot more hanging about waiting to get a launch as well. I have
never really "got" gliding, being a die'd in the wool power chap. Too
much down time for me.

I'd recommend the NPPL M

David

My experience with soaring is that you are always doing something when you
are not flying. Socializing with club members is part of the experience,
and much more common in my experience than in power-plane flying clubs.

Right now I fly my own plane for pleasure, and occasionally for business,
but I look forward to the day when I can return to soaring. Flying to the
soaring club appears to be a good justification for owning a power plane
:-)

Rob

http://www.usenet.com