Old October 28th 03, 02:48 AM
Richard Pfiffner

I have head that when you start with the aluminum foil, that soon the entire
cockpit, all the cables, boxes etc will be covered, and the interference
will remain.

Richard

"Eric Greenwell" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
says...
I eventually fixed it by wrapping both the antenna cable and the power
cable with steel wool (the stuff Grandma used for cleaning pots in the
kitchen). I pulled a large size shrink wrap over the wool and shrunk it

in
place. The result was two rather ugly cables of nearly 1 inch diameter -
but no interference!

Why did you choose steel wool instead of aluminum or copper foil?
--
!Replace DECIMAL.POINT in my e-mail address with just a . to reply
directly

Eric Greenwell
Richland, WA (USA)