Old April 30th 05, 02:00 AM
George Patterson

Sport Pilot wrote:

No. Actually Santorium is doing his job as a conservative. Less
government means that private business would do this.

Not so. Accuweather doesn't actually do any of the things the NWS does. All this
bill does is force the NWS to turn over data that we have already paid for to
Accuweather so that Accuweather can levy a surcharge.

If the bill forced Accuweather to hire a bunch of meteorologists and generate
the data themselves, I'd say "go to it", but the bill simply mandates taking
something I already own and forcing me to pay someone else to get it back.
That's theft, plain and simple.

George Patterson
There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures. Right next to the
mashed potatoes.