Old September 10th 04, 11:57 PM
Scott

Thanks for the tip. I will check and see if they have any ideas...

Scott

Corky Scott wrote:

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 11:05:30 +0000, Scott
wrote:

I'm looking to find some product that can remove oil stains from
concrete so that paint will stick. My shop used to be used by a car
mechanic and now that I build airplanes in it, I'd like to paint the
floor a very light gray or off-white. I don't think that just using
"Gunk" will remove it enough to get the paint to stick. Maybe some sort
of epoxy-like sealer first? Any ideas?

Scott, any place that sells the paint for a concrete floor also sells
a product that will clean it. I think it involves washing the floor
with some sort of acid solution, then thorough rinsing, then extended
drying and finally the actual paint application.

Corky Scott

--
Scott
http://corbenflyer.tripod.com/