Old August 28th 08, 06:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Ka-6 TE Probe

On Aug 28, 12:24*pm, vontresc wrote:
My Ka-6 currently has no TE compensation for the Vario. At one time it
had a Scheumann compensator installed, but this nifty box didn't come
with the glider. So now I am looking to install a TE probe.

Does anyone have any recent experience in installing one?

I was initially thinking about the tail mounted type (probably the
ILEC with the socket), but the fuselage mount type would be a much
simpler install. Is the tail mounted probe worth the extra effort in
install over the fuselage type?

Does anyone have a Schuemann compensator gathering dust they want to
sell?

thanks

Pete

Take the time to put it in the fin. This keeps it out of the wing
root wash and will make
the variometer reflect what the glider is doing instead of how it
responds to effect of gusts
on wing root.
It may be easier than trying to work as far behing wing root as it
should go.
Just put one in a K-21 fin and it is MUCH better than aft fuselage.
Good Luck
UH