Old August 23rd 03, 10:29 PM
Flightdeck

Yep - that was a "Oh, ****!

But, better bug spray than the same thing happening with some of the
milatary stuff that flies in that area. "Sir, you know how the egg heads
were wondering how the earthquake bomb would work in a populated area?
Well...."

I used to be pretty casual about flying up and down just off the west coast
of Florida and also using the Gulf direct route VFR to Key West even if it
meant being out far enough to deal with customs. Lots quicker than going
all the way East and following the Keys down. However, I attended a "Rain
Check" and they had invited guys from the Navy and Airforce to talk about
the Warning Areas. They showed "gun camera" footage and radar tracks. Now,
that was a real eye opener!

"Ray Romeu" wrote in message
That reminds me of an incident over Cape Coral Fl, a new pilot was flying

moskito spray chopper and instead of the push to talk he pushed the wrong
button on the stick and dumped his bug killer over a couple of houses,
killed the landscape plants and ****ed the owner too.

Ray

"Ed Wischmeyer" wrote in message
Has anyone got an appreciation of the RAC (formerly Menzimer Aircraft
Corporation) stick grips? I am particularely interested in the

multiple
switch model.

Don't know which one that is, but there's a lot of very bad human
factors that goes into stick grips with lots of switches.

Attributes of things you want on the switch:
* You use 'em a lot
* You need 'em in a hurry
* If you push 'em by mistake, no big deal

A disadvantage of things on the stick is that they're usually not
labeled, and if they are, you may have to remove your hand to [try to]
read the label.

Best examples of things that may belong on the stick are electric trim
and push to talk.

Things you should *not* have on the stick are starter, flaps, and cowl
flaps. Some folks do that, but...

Ed Wischmeyer