Old March 23rd 09, 08:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default Montana PC12 crash

On Mar 23, 8:36*am, Kingfish wrote:
I fly a PC12 for a charter company, and ours has the 8 seat executive
seating. There is a 9 seat airline config for the plane available -
add in the two crew seats and you're still short three seats for the
14 people that were lost in the crash. Did they have kids sitting on
the floor in the aisle? From what I've read so far it sounds like a
low altitude stall/spin scenario. And eyewitness said the plane was
turning then wobbled and nosed in. Wonder where the cg was with all
those people aboard?

No need to put them on the floor. The FAA allows us to allow
passengers to carry small children on the lap of an adult care taker
(parent, etc). It seems to me that if there was a W&B issue it would
have been more likely to have been an problem on take off. Does the
CG shift rearward much on the P-12 as fuel is burned?

-Robert