Old March 27th 06, 12:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval

Default The F14 vs what we are doing now

wrote:

:i have less than 300 hrs in the hornet, and my comments about beating
:the eagle
:in bfm are from my experience only. on my squadron the eagle is
:generally regarded
:as a poor turning platform and i tend to agree.

Which squadron?

:you need to remember
:sustained turn
erformance is but one measure of fighter capability.

And not exactly a great one these days, either, since if you end up in
a knife fight you've probably already screwed up.

--
"This is a war of the unknown warriors; but let all strive
without failing in faith or in duty...."

-- Winston Churchill