Old May 12th 05, 12:01 AM
Peter Clark

On Wed, 11 May 2005 17:29:43 -0400, Ron Natalie
wrote:

Peter Clark wrote:
On 11 May 2005 18:51:01 GMT, (Jay Masino)
wrote:

The latest report on WTOP (news station in DC) was that the aircraft WAS
squawking the correct code, but that there was some sort of communications
problem. I'm glad to see that everyone was so willing to jump on top of
our brother pilots.

The ADIZ procedures require immediate egress from the ADIZ upon lost
comms through shortest-exit to the boundary.

That restriction is only for lost TRANSPONDER capability. And of course
it presumes that the pilot knows the transponder is out.

K, I must have been confusing (or combining it) with another notam.

You can't blame the whole ADIZ piece of **** on pilots. It took
badgering the FAA for over a year to get them to chart the blasted
thing for example. The TRACON and the other political entities
are still having ****ing matches over operations (or else the
Kentucky governor fiasco wouldn't have happened either).

I'm not blaming the whole ADIZ fiasco on pilots, it's a ridiculous
waste of energy to put on an ineffective show. But the area isn't an
unknown any more, flying towards the prohibited airspace (unless they
were vectored towards it?) contained within it isn't exactly smart
even if you do have a transponder and 2way comms, and things like this
make it more difficult on the people who want to but can't figure out
how to get rid of it yet not have to admit it was the wrong thing to
do in the first place.