Old April 28th 06, 07:55 AM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval

Default F-35's Costs Climb Along With Concerns

"DeepSea" wrote in message
. 136...

snip

.... . The RAF bombers didn't do high altitude stuff, _most_

of the bombing _against England was dive bombing_,

Really? Please define _most_ and _dive_ bombing, in your statement.
FWIW, AIUI, _Dive_ bombers were used against the Chain Home sites at the
beginning of the Luftwaffe's Bombing campaign - and against such defined
sites the dive bombers would have been an appropriate resource to task, but
AFAIK the bombing campaigns against Liverpool, Coventry, Plymouth,
Portsmouth, Southampton, London et.al were carried out at night by waves of
'level' bombers. Your information may of course be more accurate - I await
your disclosures with interest.
BTW; as you specifically mentioned 'England', I've not addressed the
question of whether dive-bombers were used against Scotland, Northern
Ireland and/or Wales.

--

Brian