Old December 19th 05, 04:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Another Cirrus Down

"Dave" wrote\

And in an aircraft that was not engineered to willingly assist the
pilot to maintain, recover to, and sustain controlled flight..

++++++++++++++++++
I'm not sure if that is the whole picture. The Cirrus was not certified for
spin resistance and recovery because it would have been so expensive to do
so, up to the FAA's standards. That is not to say that it would not meet
them, if they tried to do so.
+++++++++++++++++++
Simply put, they took the cheap way out, with the *added* benefit of another
mode of recovery for other types of situations, such as pilot
incompacitation, loss of flight controls, loss of power over inhospitable
terrain...
+++++++++++++++++++
But, alas, I am also having difficulty in understanding why Garmin
would install magnets in their remote GPS antenna that commonly is
placed on the cowl/glareshield of of what is usually an ALUMINUM or
COMPOSITE aircraft.

Must be getting old, I'm having trouble understanding some things..

Nah, that is called wisdom... I think! g

I predict that Garmin will finally give in and make a new type of antenna.
(I hope)
--
Jim in NC