Old June 14th 08, 08:49 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Joseph

Default Ping Legend- question

Many thanks Legend, and bob, and HiFlyer. I learned something today.

Joseph

the Legend of LAX wrote:

Joseph wrote:
the Legend of LAX wrote:

Hey Legend-

First of all Thanks for the Shots. Great as usual.

But now I have a question- somewhere in the cargo area, not far from the
FedEx terminal, is a funny little old (I'm guessing it's old) structure
that resembles a Spanish mission. What is that? What is it a part of
today? Google was no help, but then again I didn't know what to Google
for. Any light you can shed on this would be appreciated. Just
curious. TIA.

Thanks Joseph. Further to what Bob said & posted are my personal
recollections: the building's domes were retiled with ceramic tile
during renovation. There used to be three other hangars across the lot
to the west. The TRACON was in one (my old home). I seem to recall that
the city did not want to allow this building to remain if it was to be
empty. They actually found someone to agree to occupy the building.
Somewhere, buried deep, I have pictures of it as Santa Monica Airport, &
a South American airport terminal. It's been in several movies.

--
Dale G Elhardt
Cypress Ca

[Image] [Image]