Old July 13th 04, 12:41 PM
jls

"Jim Weir" wrote in message
In the July 2004 issue of Sport Aviation, there was an article published

on the
installation of ELTs. I have taken issue with the article with Tom

Poberezny
and Scott Spangler, and before I go off half-cocked (how unusual for me)

I'd
like some confirmation from this group. Understand that I may quote you
directly if you respond, so if you don't want your name mentioned, just

say so.

Yeah, when reading in the mag I try to overlook the errors in diction,
grammar, and spelling. Some of them are glaring. You would think that
after so many years of publication, _Sport Aviation_ would become serious
and get a handle on it. What's a "Kerney" swager? I thought it was a
"Kearney." At more than five grand the damn thing costs so much you would
think it knew how to spell itself, even in an amateur publication like
_Sport Aviation._

As for technical data, well, you had better verify that for yourself by
relying on a more scholarly publication.