Old July 11th 03, 11:25 PM
Peter Gottlieb

"Richard Riley" wrote in message

Peter, the pilots need to go through exactly the same firearms
training as air marshals to be allowed to carry. The fact that the
public doesn't know that is a failure of PR, not the rules.

I was thinking of private pilots. People do know about the commercial
pilots and their training.

Regarding the state laws: as a private individual I do not have the support
structure of an airline. Therefore, I must carry any weapon to and from the
plane in any state I visit. Being as I already have too much to carry, I do
not want to have to carry some special case or anything of the sort, I would
just want to be able to carry the weapon on my belt like my cell phone
(yikes, between the phone, av radio, ham radio, multi-tool, etc. my belt is
filling up. Soon I will need LBE to go anywhere). At present, this is a
problem.