Old November 22nd 06, 02:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default 8710 (maybe a little OT)

Bill Zaleski wrote:
On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 04:10:19 GMT, "Steven Barnes"
wrote:

I took my commercial ride a couple months ago. I just got a call from my
CFI, that my 8710 got kicked out, because I didn't list "enough" solo time.
I put down 13 hours. I've got way more than that, but 61.129 a.4 said only
10 towards the commercial. 5 night VFR 10 t/o landings etc, & the long X/C.
The callback said they wanted to see 20 hours.
I went back, found 50 hours of solo (only guy in the plane) & they're
re-submitting it. When I questioned the change, the CFI said he was simply
told by the DE that "it's changed/changing". Nice to know, I guess.

PIC time is PIC time. Solo or not. I tend to put comments in my logbook.
Handy for remembering who (if anyone) I had in the plane. Not so handy when
everything in your logbook says, "Joe Schmoe ride" or "took girlfriend to
xyz" & you gotta *prove* so many hours of 'solo'. (also the wife shouldn't
see the "took girlfriend to xyz"....

I'd find at least 20 hours solo time.

"Bill Zaleski" wrote in message
.. .

You only have to show enough hours in each field of the 8710 that is
required to qualify for the Commercial (see FAR 61.129). Don't worry
about showing anything more than that. It serves no purpose;

Yes, of course, you needed 10 solo to get a private, and an additional
10 to qualify for the commercial

Ah, that makes sense. I saw the 10 hour requirement for commercial &
just put that down, thinking the FAA would see that as the 10 hours on
top of what I had before.
Hopefully the 50 hours I put down this time will satisfy them...