Old December 12th 03, 11:40 PM
Peter Duniho

"David Ciemny" wrote in message
I was thinking of loading fs 2000 as a little bonus. I need to know if it
will run ok on the system.

Do not install FS2000. If you must use an older version of MSFS, use FS2002
or FS98.

FS2000 will run "okay" on the system you've specified, but it won't run
nearly as well as other versions of MSFS.

Also...can it be controlled by keyboard? I have a thrustmaster stick here
but the drivers were always finicky.

You can certainly fly in MSFS with just the keyboard. However, it's not all
that satisfying an experience, IMHO. It was fine back in the early 80's
when joysticks for the IBM-compatible PC were uncommon and expensive. But
these days, if you have a joystick that doesn't work, the solution is to buy
one that does. Using a keyboard is just no fun.

Pete