Old May 19th 06, 02:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Doors popping open in flight

bob wrote:

I've only flow small single engines and had NO IDEA how serious this could
be. They don't teach you that in flight school.

They did at my flight school (Jeppesen program / 141 school). My CFI
popped the door on a PA-28, had me look it up in the Emergency
Procedures POH section, and close it via the book. The airplane flew
fine with the door open.

I don't know why a twin would be all that different. Two weeks ago, I
witnessed a Cessna twin have the forward baggage door pop open on
departure. He asked for priority on the CTAF, flew the pattern and
landed uneventfully.