Old May 19th 06, 03:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Doors popping open in flight

Bob,

As for my friend with his similar experience, his friend's hand was all
bloody from trying to hold it closed as much as he could.

Why did he try?

Normally, the car-type doors will open a certain amount and stay there in
the airflow. No big deal. Except for some planes, of course: I wouldn't
want to see it in the Tobago I fly, which has gull wing doors. Experiences
range from the door and its frame seriously getting bent to the door
ripping off and hitting the stabilizer. Not good.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)