Old July 25th 19, 10:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

Default Canadian pilot posts ILLEGAL flight into US on OLC

On Thursday, July 25, 2019 at 3:50:42 PM UTC-4, 2G wrote:
On Thursday, July 25, 2019 at 9:09:55 AM UTC-7, Ramy wrote:
Awesome flight Chester! I recommend in the future to add a comment in OLC indicating the legality of the flight. We often do this when we get clearance to fly in restricted airspace, to calm down the fun police. I am waiting for Tom (2G) to say “sorry, my bad for not checking with the pilot before posting”.

Ramy

Ramy, I DID read his comments: it said nothing about obtaining a clearance to enter the US. Had he, we wouldn't be discussing it now - and he should have (I included that for a flight that passed thru Clover Control's restricted area).

BTW, what does fun have to do with following FARs, anyhow?

Tom

Tom, you are way out of line publishing your insinuation that the pilot did not follow the US law. Here is your statement "This pilot made a DEEP entry into the US w/o, apparently, following the laws of the US".
You just make our community look really bad and then you blame the pilot for not posting that he was entering legally, really?
I don't write much here, but these kinds of things really bother me. Stop pointing fingers at others, it is just not a nice thing to do.
Andrzej