Old July 25th 19, 11:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Canadian pilot posts ILLEGAL flight into US on OLC

On Thursday, July 25, 2019 at 2:58:23 PM UTC-7, Charles Longley wrote:
FAR 91.707
Unless otherwise authorized by ATC, no person may operate a civil aircraft between Mexico or Canada and the United States without filing an IFR or VFR flight plan, as appropriate.

You don’t need a clearance to enter US airspace Tom. Just file a VFR flight plan. There’s no ADIZ between Canada and the US by the way.

Personally I think you’re jealous....

LOL! Jealous? Hardly.

Based on what I read on the FAA's website, a landing at a port of entry was required, which Chester did not do. It is the FAA's website that is, apparently, wrong or inaccurate. I am awaiting a call back from my local FSDO on this issue.

Tom