Old July 26th 19, 12:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul T[_4_]

Default Canadian pilot posts ILLEGAL flight into US on OLC

At 22:10 25 July 2019, 2G wrote:
On Thursday, July 25, 2019 at 2:58:23 PM UTC-7, Charles Longley

wrote:
FAR 91.707
Unless otherwise authorized by ATC, no person may operate a

civil
aircraf=
t between Mexico or Canada and the United States without filing an

IFR or
V=
FR flight plan, as appropriate.
=20
You don=E2=80=99t need a clearance to enter US airspace

Tom. Just file a
=
VFR flight plan. There=E2=80=99s no ADIZ between Canada and

the US by the
w=
ay.
=20
Personally I think you=E2=80=99re jealous....

LOL! Jealous? Hardly.

Based on what I read on the FAA's website, a landing at a port of

entry
was=
required, which Chester did not do. It is the FAA's website that is,
appar=
ently, wrong or inaccurate. I am awaiting a call back from my local

FSDO
on=
this issue.

Tom

What a total dickhead -FFS what does it matter to you? - still
grieving over 1812?, some Canuck did you wrong in the past??.....
with guys like you around no wonder soaring is in decline.