Old April 20th 17, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston

Default ventus rigging visual clues

I'd appreciate hearing advice on the best visual clues for getting the wings on a Ventus 2c aligned when rigging.

Not sure that the Ventus is exactly the same as the Nimbus3, but I suspect they're similar and will chime in with a simple alignment trick.

Next time you have the ship rigged, make a pair of alignment marks between the end of the left panel spar butt and the fuselage. This will be on the front side of the spar where it sits near the right hand side of the fuselage opening.

I always install the left panel first and the purpose of the marks is to make sure the panel is rotated correctly relative to the fuselage. This really easy to check during assembly and saves lots of grief.

ymmv,
Craig