Old January 25th 20, 08:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jock Proudfoot

Default Affordable Oxygen

At 18:54 25 January 2020, Tom BravoMike wrote:
On Friday, January 24, 2020 at 11:20:23 PM UTC-6, Jonathan St.

Cloud wrote:
On Friday, January 24, 2020 at 2:21:35 PM UTC-8, Bob

Kuykendall wrote:
On Friday, January 24, 2020 at 12:44:33 PM UTC-8, Jonathan

St. Cloud
wr=
ote:
=20
Using medical O2 for aviation...
=20
I thought we settled this twenty years ago.
=20

https://www.avweb.com/features/pelic...3getting-high-

on-welders=
-oxygen/
=20
Medical, welding, and aviator's breathing oxygen are all

produced
using=
the same processes and equipment. Not just similar. They're all

the exact
=
same stuff from the same tap.
=20
The only differences are what they're dispensed into and how

they're
us=
ed. The requirements for purity and cleanliness in all compressed

oxygen
ap=
plications are such that the baseline specifications for all are the

same.
=20
--Bob K.

=20
I mis-spoke, I meant to say jury rigging med O2 equipment for

a purpose
n=
ot intended, could be hazardous to one's health. Kind of thought

that was
=
implied, forgot an engineer or two populates these pages. I have

had
hypox=
ia before during a contest out of INYK. I later realized I had mixed
equip=
ment from Aerox and MH. Aerox oxyisaver cannula cannot be

used with MH
equ=
ipment. I would strongly encourage anyone to use the equipment

from the
ma=
nufacturer, read the instructions and not attempt to jury rig a mix

of med
=
O2 and aviation O2 equipment.

What/where is INYK? Sorry, can't find it.

Inyokern Airport (IATA: IYK, ICAO: KIYK, FAA LID: IYK)