Old July 9th 03, 05:44 AM
The Flynns

I've had the tach checked and you are dead on- --100 rpm low consistently
across the range. (Ken Blackmon did the last one at annual.) I've wondered
about getting it overhauled in the winter when I get the plane painted.

In any case, I adjust for that so I'm showing 2600 rpm at 7500' or so. I
never fly near gross weight. Typically I'm loaded with 2 aboard for 300lbs,
plus 50 lbs of luggage and stuff. I've got 945 of useful so will be nearly
300lbs under gross. And sometimes another 140 under that. Last trip I
checked this out at we were at 48-58F at 7000 to 8000 coming up the
Sacramento valley in May.

Are you going to SSI?

"Sydney Hoeltzli" wrote in message
The Flynns wrote:
75% (that is 2700 rpm at 7500' or POH values)
I have a 62" Sensenich prop and a low time engine (170 SMOH by

Mattituck)

Have you had your tach checked or calibrated recently?

I helped with the tach check at the AYA convention last
summer. We checked 3 dozen planes. Most were 100 rpm
(or more) low, with the tendency to be least accurate at
highest power settings.

Of course, your weight, temperature, and how the plane is
loaded are also factors. Suffice it to say while we loves
our Tigger, we don't see 138 kts TAS at 7500 ft. We are
usually traveling w/in 100 lbs of max gross and near-
rearward CG. 'Course it's not uncommon to be over 70 degrees
at 7000 ft here, either.

Cheers,
Sydney