Old July 9th 03, 07:07 AM
Sydney Hoeltzli

The Flynns wrote:
I've had the tach checked and you are dead on- --100 rpm low consistently
across the range. (Ken Blackmon did the last one at annual.) I've wondered
about getting it overhauled in the winter when I get the plane painted.

I think that's a good idea, or a digital tach

In any case, I adjust for that so I'm showing 2600 rpm at 7500' or so. I
never fly near gross weight. Typically I'm loaded with 2 aboard for 300lbs,
plus 50 lbs of luggage and stuff. I've got 945 of useful so will be nearly
300lbs under gross. And sometimes another 140 under that.

Yep, that's a big part of the picture. 2000 lbs vs 2400 lbs does
improve the angle of attack = more airspeed. I was really bummed
about a Tiger owner based at Sparta who claimed all sorts of wonders
in airspeed, until I realized he was always flying by himself and
partial fuel and I was always flying with the husband, the kid, and
the kitchen sink along.

Are you going to SSI?

Alas, no, but if you are please extend my greetings to Bob Steward
and have your wife give him a big hug for me and tell Mike Letrello
he's a brave man indeed (keeps trying to straighten me out as a pilot).

Cheers,
Sydney