Old June 5th 05, 07:02 PM
John Sinclair

I put a set of wing root fairings on a couple of Nimbus
3's. Quieted it down considerably. Not an easy undertaking
as it involves cutting off 4' of the flap root end,
then adding a fence followed by finish and painting.
$1500-$2000 worth of work involved.
JJ

At 16:00 05 June 2005, wrote:
I did not do any formal flight testing with my new
factory supplied
wing root fillets, but noted that I had better control
while
thermalling, and could circle tighter. I can now use
landing flap when
needed in a small strong thermal, whereas before I
would have great
roll control difficulty trying to use that flap setting.
I did find that these fairings are now available,
at Al's website:
http://www.gliderforum.com/forum-view.asp?forumid=5
Dick Johnson