Old June 6th 05, 06:15 PM
ttaylor at cc.usu.edu

Al should still have the molds for the fairings. I have one set of
Mansberger made fairings that came with my Ventus B when I bought it
from Al. I am strongly thinking of having them installed in the
future. I think it brings the A/B closer to the handling of the C from
what I have read. The ease in taping would also be nice.

The plane also had the winglet mod on the 16.6 tips which I think
handles better than the 15M with winglets. I am not sure, but it even
feels like it is less pitch sensitive. I would love to see new polars
on the Ventus A/B with winglets in both configurations.

Are there any good pictures on the web of the fairing mod on the Ventus
or Nimbus? I thought Jim Phoenix might have some, but never found a
good view.

Dick or JJ do you have the factory instructions anywhere still for the
modification?

Tim

Tim Taylor
Logan, Utah