Old February 11th 06, 08:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Air Force One Had to Intercept Some Inadvertent Flyers / How?

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 12:19:25 -0700, Chris Schmelzer
wrote in ::

In article ,
Larry Dighera wrote:

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 21:13:11 -0500, Ronald Gardner
wrote in ::

I suspect gear and flaps down speed of a F15 to be around 110 or 120 knots.

Unfortunately, that doesn't prevent F-15s from endangering the public
by exceeding the 250 knot speed limit below 10,000'.

Umm, military has never been restricted to the 250knot speed.

There has been an exemption for military aircraft for some time.

You really think they are 'endangering the public' when they do this?

I believe it is impossible to see fighter aircraft in time to avoid
them, so being a member of the public, I believe I'm endangered by
their high speed below 10,000'.

Do you think they don't know where YOUR aircraft is long before you see them?

Yes. That is exactly what I think. Not only that, I believe that
there are military fighter pilots who don't care where my aircraft is
either.

Are you familiar with the civil/military MACs? Here's some
information for you:
http://tinyurl.com/dpth3
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...4c195356989dec