Old May 29th 07, 05:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sally W

Default Physiology and accidents

At 16:18 29 May 2007, Bill Daniels wrote:
snip

Be careful out there. Get a good night's sleep before
flying.

I've been in no doubt for years that sleeping badly
affects my performance in all areas - driving, working,
enjoying myself, and anything physical. Co-ordination
goes awry, so does anticipation. Your article provides
more information about what is actually (not) going
on in my brain, but it's not news to me that I need
enough sleep to function in *all* areas of my life.
And we have all heard about road accidents caused
by drivers falling asleep which tend to be very nasty
high-speed accidents as when the driver is awake they
usually realise something is awry and put the brakes
on.