Old November 27th 08, 07:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Spera

Default Bendix Ignition Switch Rebuild

I have had my TCM-Bendix 357210-1 ignition switch (1974 Piper Cherokee
140) apart twice in the last 14 years to clean up the contacts. I
remember once seeing a rebuild kit consisting of the back plate and the
3 triangular pressed metal contacts. Might have been from an old
Wag-Aero catalog. I cannot seem to find such a beast. Given the price
for a new switch hovers around $275 (for a $10 part), I was looking to
see if there were any less expensive alternatives to buying a new one. I
checked several parts houses and everyone has the switch but no rebuild
kit. Was I dreaming?

Thanks for any info.
Mike