Old September 2nd 18, 02:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Electric Winch Project

On Sunday, September 2, 2018 at 7:43:29 AM UTC-5, gotovkotzepkoi wrote:
Germans have had an electric winch for a long time. Nothing now. Don't
hold your breath for one built in the US. Won't happen. Charge with an
internal combustion engine? What's the point? Why not just use a piston
engine for the winch then?

--
gotovkotzepkoi

Dear goto, I listened to Bill Daniels' presentation on his new electric winch at Reno and was highly impressed with the innovative and technically convincing design and features. As a German trained engineer and someone who has done thousands of winch launches of gliders and who was trained on a winch my hopes are high that this project is successful. The Bill Daniels winch allows for electric, diesel or gas powered versions, btw. Educate yourself before spewing off under a not-funny pseudonym!
Herb