Old September 13th 03, 07:00 PM
Joe Lacour

I'm re-painting some gel coat spots on my LS and was wondering what
everyone is using for the red trim color. The original stuff is Nitro
Cellulose Lacquer. So, I call up the local body shop only to find that
lacquer is on it's way out of major production. Too bad as it's nice
stuff to work with, cheap, light, can be put on thin, and easy to
patch. I've found some by looking on the internet but it only comes in
one color red and gallons.

I'm also re-finishing the elevator and would like to sand the gelcaot
and paint it with lacquer. Won't add weight that way.

The LS also has some red tape to blend the seal on the rudder. Any
idea where to get this red tape?
--
Joe LaCour
KineOptics

985-649-0602
Optical & Mechanical Instrument design/fabrication
http://www.kineoptics.com/