Old September 15th 03, 06:32 PM
Joe Lacour

Yea, that's what I thought but apparently Acrylic Lacquer is being
phased out here in the states. I have located some custom paint
companies in the US but there is only one red and one white. Lacquer
is so easy to use, light, thin, used to be cheap, and like you said
patches perfect. If anyone knows a source, I'd appreciate hearing
about it. For the mean time on this little red spot, I found a spray
can that is a very close match. If I can't find any Acrylic Lacquer,
I'll finish working the elevator in Gelcoat. Thanks!

Newsgroup: rec.aviation.soaring
Subject: LS-4 Red Trim paint color
Author: Wsburhen
Date/Time: 17:00 15 September 2003
you could also use acrylic laquer, which has huge advantages over over
nitro and no real disadvantage (it can be shot very thin) or a
basecoat/clearcoat
system, while a bit more work, can also be done thin/light and will be
many times more durable than nitrocellulose. Either of these two
systems can be EXACTLY color matched and are locally available
anywhere at an autobody supply store. Try Ditzler Duracryl for acryl
laquer, or Deltron for b/c system, or other types by Sikkens,
Martin-Senor, Glasurit, etc.