Old March 2nd 08, 11:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default Way off topic, but it has do to with the French

Well you've not shown yourself in a good light at all in this thread.
I think you should rethink you attitudes and preconceptions.

I don't have attitudes and preconceptions -- but I do have a minor in
history from the University of Wisconsin, and another 30 years of World War
II studies under my belt. My father was a Captain in the US Army Air Corps
during the war, and was stationed in France and Germany in 1945. To assume
I'm not intimately familiar with France's wartime history and post-war
behavior is presumptuous.

Sorry if stating facts hurts your pride, but I calls 'em as I sees 'em. The
fact remains that the French were humiliated in 1940, many French acted
dishonorably under the Nazi yoke, and they have yet to fully come to terms
with their fate as a former world power.

Don't despair, however. WRT France not gracefully accepting their lessened
global position, they aren't alone. Every dominant world power eventually
faces the same fate, and the U.S.'s turn is coming.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA