Old May 1st 08, 03:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Wanttaja

Default First flight of Embraer's Phenom 300

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 12:06:39 -0500, Ross wrote:

G Paleologopoulos wrote:
"Kingfish" wrote

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles...386/video.html

One thing struck me as odd, they retracted the gear on its first
flight. I've never seen that done on bizjet test programs.

What was the little cone shaped thing off the tail during the flight?

Probably a drogue carrying the static port. Allows a static reference
completely separate from the airframe. They'll compare readings of airframe
ports to the drogue reference and select which port(s) are the most accurate.

Ron Wanttaja