Old May 8th 08, 01:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Which PDA ?

Hi Noel,

I'm very surprised to hear that. My experience is that even if that works
with the sun shining directly on the screen, it won't work when the sun is
in front of the glider (not shining on the screen). I always have my
backlight on full power. But I'll try turning it off today. I'm very
curious.

Paul Remde

"noel.wade" wrote in message
On May 7, 7:31 pm, Todd wrote:
I have (2) PDA's (fault tolerance / redundancy)

An hx4700 running WinPilot I hate because I cannot see it in bright
light.

Todd - Just a tip: I was surprised to find that if I disabled the
backlight my hx4700 suddenly became easier to read in bright sunlight
(but almost impossible to read in the shade or indoors). Not "easy",
but easier. You might give it a try...

Take care,

--Noel