Old May 15th 08, 04:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring,rec.aviation.piloting
Brian[_1_]

Default SPOT messenger

snip
I had thought I might use it in OK mode to report my position more
frequently than the every 10 minutes in "track mode." At 120 kts,
that's every 20 nm, leaving as much as 1500 sq miles to search. Better
than those looking for Steve Fosset had, but still a lot. Of course,
the average will be less than 1500 sq miles. There is a 50% chance it
will be less than 400 sq miles.

snip

Of course this assumes that the Spot does not survive the crash or can
not transmit after the crash. If it is still operable after the crash
then whit in 10 minutes It will report the your exact location.

Brian