Old July 14th 08, 02:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,aus.aviation
Airbus[_4_]

Default Which handheld transceiver?

Do take a look at the warranty conditions, and how they apply to where
you live.

Someone here was just complaining about not being able to get his
handheld repaired. My 5-year old ICOM has just come back from the shop
looking like new, after I dropped it on a tarmac and broke the LCD
display and a few other things. It was fixed in four days at a
very reasonable cost, even though the model is now discontinued. In the
meantime, I have bought a Vertex, which seems just as good in all
respects, including warranty and return for repair.