Old July 14th 08, 12:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,aus.aviation
Bravo Two Zero

Default Which handheld transceiver?

I have the JRC JHP-500 for over 8 years now and it is an excellent radio for
the price, it is in my flight bag on every flight. With JRC you are not
paying a premium for an established name like ICON.

Picked up nickel metal hydride battery for it from Batteries America for
about $30

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
I've used my JRC for over a decade now and have been very happy with
it. When I flew the Aeronca it was my primary radio, now it sits under
the seat in my Mooney for emergencies. You should be able to get the
JRC 500 for a lot less than the pricey Icom