Old February 18th 21, 09:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
b4soaring

Default Flying with Parachutes

On Thursday, 18 February 2021 at 00:21:33 UTC, 2G wrote:
On Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at 4:07:48 PM UTC-8, kinsell wrote:
On 2/16/21 3:53 PM, 2G wrote:
On Sunday, February 14, 2021 at 3:54:00 PM UTC-8, wrote:
On Sunday, February 14, 2021 at 3:20:35 PM UTC-6, Dan Marotta wrote:
But, how many deaths have occurred because a
glider pilot was knocked unconscious during an emergency egress?

...um, you're a bright guy so we'll assume you meant this as a funny. However, in Mr. Nadler's case as I recall he came real close and fortunately lived to tell his tail.

I think you mean he saved his tail so he could tell his tale.

You just have to watch out for that canopy. He nearly cooked his Goose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPnioAuuUnM

P.S. that was a joke

That is what the Piggott hook is for: to keep you from being knocked on the noggin by the departing canopy. Unfortunately, we have no idea what knocked Dave out.

Tom

Credit where credit is due, the Roeger hook is for the canopy, a Piggott hook is for the airbrakes.