Old January 6th 09, 12:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
vaughn

Default grumman aa-5 stall warning delay

"H@mst3r" wrote in message
Hi all

why does the grumman aa-5's stall warning have a delay of about 5
seconds?

What? You have a stall warning that you can actually hear? Be thankful!

The rental Cessnas that I fly were all made before headsets were commonly
used. Add the attenuation of that headset to my natural "old man's" high
frequency hearing loss, and those crappy "penny whistle" stall alarms are
totally out of the picture for me.

No big loss, the plane has all kinds of ways to warn me of a stall.

How about other folks?

Vaughn