Old March 19th 10, 12:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Alexander

Default "Vanishing American Air Superiority"

Dan wrote:
Alexander wrote:
snip
A determined Germany would have eaten England alive, but for massive
war materials and massive military direct aid. Hitler actually admired
England and did make an effort to make them an ally. Churchill double
crossed him when he usurped meeting with Rudolph Hess. That was a
double cross much more heinous as Hitlers double cross of Stalin.
England and Israel are 2 countries to never ever trust.

Using that logic no country is trustworthy. Sticking to WW2 the
Nazi's violation of their nonaggression pact with the Soviets is a prime
example.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

As some one once stated:

America has no permanent Friends, only permanent enemies.
I think that pretty much fits any country.

I do however believe that America has to reconsider and reassess whom we
do business with in this day and age, based on our present day needs.
The past is nothing more then an example by which to learn and guide our
now and future decisions. We cannot redo the past, but we sure can be
more careful in our future actions. The economic mess we are in doesn't
seem to have sunk in to the pack of fools in Washington.