Old March 19th 10, 10:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Alexander

Default "Vanishing American Air Superiority"

Chris wrote:
On Mar 18, 10:05 pm, Alexander wrote:

Japanese aircraft did a real job at
Pearl harbor on both anchored ships and fast moving destroyers in the
outer harbor at Pearl Harbor.

As I already noted in another post, please don't base your ideas for
what the Germans could do based on the successes of the Japanese Navy.
The Japanese Navy was so much better than the Luftwaffe at sinking
ships that the comparison is ludicrous.

But the real question here is what the hell are you talking about with
respect to "fast moving destroyers in the outer harbor at Pearl
Harbor"? First of all, what is the "outer harbor at Pearl Harbor"?
Second of all, please name the destroyers the IJN sank at Pearl
Harbor. Then please note how many of them were moving.

I anxiously await your no doubt well researched and footnoted
response.

Chris Manteuffel

I think you are well enough endowed with time to read up on Pearl Harbor
yourself. The outer Harbor is obviously past the antisub gates. There
were 3 or 4 hot Iron cans that made it past the gates. Still took hits.
You are close enough to Great Lakes Naval station to go pull up the
archived films of much of the attack. Do so and learn. There is a lot
more to Pearl Harbor then Ford Island and Baker Docks.