Old July 15th 12, 09:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default Multiple IGC files on Google Map or similar

On Sunday, July 15, 2012 2:51:56 PM UTC-5, b4soaring wrote:
On Sunday, July 15, 2012 8:17:24 PM UTC+1, Tony wrote:
> I have multiple igc files that I would like to display overlaid on a Google Map or similar. I'd like to have the flights shown on map that shows state boundaries, major cities, etc. and not the clutter of terrain elevation or sectional charts which make it difficult to really see where the flight went. Anyone know where I can get those to import them into SeeYou or a program that will display multiple igc files over the same map like I want? Thanks!

Turn them into kml files, show them in Google Earth:
http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/index.html
http://www.gpsbabel.org/screenshots.html

gpsvisualizer has the ability to do exactly what i would like, overlaying multiple igc files on a google map, but it has a cursed 3 MB limit and i have 8 IGC files i want to overlay. oh well i'll see what I can figure out to get around that. Thanks