Old June 1st 16, 02:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Default Very disappointed with SeeYou

On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 4:54:27 PM UTC-7, Waveguru wrote:
I've been a very loyal supporter of SeeYou and recommended it to many people but I'm really ****ed at what they seem to be doing now. I didn't feel the need to pay for the upgrades, I was very happy with the SeeYou I had, but as soon as my subscription lapsed, the program went all to hell and hardly works at all now. Seems wrong to program disabling functions if you don't pay up. I paid for the version I had and many versions in the past. Feels like blackmail to me. Very disappointed...

Boggs

Gary:
Believe you're talking about SeeYou PC, not SeeYou Mobile as Casey thought.
You can go back to the version you liked. Save your .cup file. Uninstall 8.x, reinstall 5.x or whatever you liked. Use your old serial number and registration key. Open the .cup file.
I still prefer 5.36, but have 8.11 now. 8.11 is faster than 8.06. Best thing about 8.x is the ability to copy waypoints from one cup file to another. I find the "My Waypoints and Tasks" bit strange. Version 8.06 doesn't even make .cupx files with images. Haven't tried with 8.11 yet, but have used Cupx File Creator. A great tool.
....You did save the installation program, serial number and key for the one you liked? Or perhaps with a floating credit card trick it'll come back.
Jim