Old January 21st 04, 08:53 PM
Herbert Kilian

Curt,
Consider an electric audio vario like the Westerboer 911 vs. any
mechanical instrument (incl. Sage, way overrated).
- The Westerboer has pressure transducers so it doen't need a flask.
- Mine is just as sensitive as my Cambridge 302, they move in perfect
sychronism.
- You only connect 12V and your TE tube to the instrument.
- The tone is very pleasant, nicer than the Cambridge and of course
you can turn it down
- When the going gets tough, I switch to the Westerboer, better in
really weak lift
- You should have two batteries anyway, no need to carry a steam gauge
for fear of running out of electrons. I've been flying all electric
for over 5 years, no problems.
- The price is about the same as a good mechanical instrument
- Tim Mara used to carry these, I bought two from him over the years,
there might be something on the used market.
I'll e-mail you direct a picture of my panel!

Herb, J7

(Curtl33) wrote in message ...
WTB: (USA) Mech Vario 57mm(2-1/4) Knots
In good-excellent condition.