Old March 1st 04, 12:00 PM
Dennis O'Connor

I flew an Aztec from Michigna to Florida and back that had a new S-Tec 50 AP
installed... Every time the heater got the cabin comfortable the AP would
drop off line with no warning... Most annoying, because the airplane was
trimmed and would begin a slow entry into a death spiral that was so gentle
that the seat of your pants did not pick it up... So, if you were on the
radio, or had your head in the chart, you would look up to find yourself 30
degrees off course and a hundred feet low, and the airspeed quietly creeping
towards the red line... I fnally settled on hand flying, engaging the AP
only if center wanted to amend my clearance, or something that required me
to be head down for a minute - made for a long trip...
denny

"David R." wrote in message
Our STEC 65 does not have a disconnect warning. Only a trim warning.