Old July 25th 19, 09:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

Default Canadian pilot posts ILLEGAL flight into US on OLC

On Thursday, July 25, 2019 at 2:50:42 PM UTC-5, 2G wrote:
On Thursday, July 25, 2019 at 9:09:55 AM UTC-7, Ramy wrote:
Awesome flight Chester! I recommend in the future to add a comment in OLC indicating the legality of the flight. We often do this when we get clearance to fly in restricted airspace, to calm down the fun police. I am waiting for Tom (2G) to say “sorry, my bad for not checking with the pilot before posting”.

Ramy

Ramy, I DID read his comments: it said nothing about obtaining a clearance to enter the US. Had he, we wouldn't be discussing it now - and he should have (I included that for a flight that passed thru Clover Control's restricted area).

BTW, what does fun have to do with following FARs, anyhow?

Tom

This conversation sent me searching the interweb for an explanation:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...hey-were-wrong

Without the humiliatingly incorrect use of CAPS LOCK in the thread title I might never have learned the useful procedure for legal flight across our northern border. I'm thankful for that.

Andy Blackburn
9B